Contributing to the Creative Culture Guide
Anyone who is committed to the Creative Culture Guide Standards and Ethics can contribute to the Creative Culture Guide. The guide has two basic types of items:
Adding A New Item
- Sign in with your email and password. (Use the link in the upper right of the page.)
- Do a search to see if the item already exists. (If it does, you can edit and improve the existing page.)
- Click add a sector or add a resource from the 'Add' menu in the upper right of the page and fill in the necessary fields.
All sectors and resources can be edited by any member. To make an edit click/tap and hold on the text that needs editing and a green box will appear indicating that you've entered editing mode. You can then make the necessary changes and click save. Members can see how an item changed between edits by using the right and left arrows in the edit header.
Contribution KarmaMembers receive "karma points" for the quality and quantity of their contributions. Your karma score is shown in the header under your username.
Creative Culture Contribution Contests take place periodically and members can win prizes for their contributions.
All contributions are reviewed to make sure that they are in alignment with the Creative Culture Guide Standards and Ethics before being activated.
If you notice something inappropriate use the 'flag as inappropriate' tool (from the left hand menu) to alert a moderator about the issue.
Creative Culture Standards
SustainableAble to continue indefinitely without causing imbalance or disharmony
FairProviding unbiased equivalent opportunity for all participants
Life HonouringCare, respect, and compassion for all living beings
LocalFulfilling local needs with resources within a community or bioregion
Zero-wasteEfficient usage, reuse, recycling or ecological re-integration of materials
HolisticUnderstanding of the interconnectedness and interdependence of things and consideration for the whole
ResilientAdaptable to change and resistant to disruption
UsefulBeneficially fulfilling a genuine and relevant need
HarmoniousWith integrity, balance, right proportion, and in accord with context
The guide is specifically about helping people live in harmony with the universe. Its purpose is to bring to light creative alternatives, not fighting the destructive nature of the status-quo. Therefore, without disrespect for their importance, we request that activist initiatives that focus on confronting the status-quo be avoided.
If you choose to make contributions to the Creative Culture Guide you agree that:
- Your contributions will not infringe any copyrights.
- Your contributions will be freely available under Creative Commons or some other free license (Creative Culture Guide content licensing is currently being considered. If you have suggestions please contact us).
- Your contributions will be connected with your Creative Culture Guide account and your username may (or may not) be displayed along with your contributions.