PoWR Global EthicFundamental principles & ethics standard.
The Perliament of World Religions Global Ethic expresses a shared set of core values found in the teachings of the world's religious, spiritual, and ethical traditions.
The document, mostly drafted by Professor Hans Küng in 1993, represented common ethical commitments foundational to all the world's major religions.
Representatives from each religion commited to it as "a minimal fundamental consensus concerning binding values, irrevocable standards, and fundamental moral attitudes."
The five directives of the Global Ethic are:
- Non-violence and Respect for Life.
- Solidarity and a Just Economic Order.
- Tolerance and a Life of Truthfulness.
- Equal Rights and Partnership Between Men and Women.
- Sustainability and Care for the Earth.